The City at New Year's Eve
Say farewell to 2020 with exciting street entertainment for all ages including daring circus performers, children’s workshops, vibrant installations, roving acts, the Christmas Lights Trail and much more!
Then get ready to count down to 2021 with a spectacular fireworks display at 9pm and midnight; fireworks can be viewed from:
- Perth Cultural Centre
- Yagan Square
- James Street (between Lake and William Street)
- William Street (between Francis and Roe Street)
Accessibility & Covid-19 Information
The City of Perth is proud to host accessible and inclusive events.
- Promotional material is available in other formats upon request.
- Each venue is accessible to people who use wheelchairs, walking aids and who are accompanied with prams.
- First Aid services will be available at this event.
- Drinking water can be purchased from food stalls and nearby retailers.
- A copy of the City’s Disability, Access & Inclusion Plan can be found here.
- For more details on Getting Around in the City of Perth, please visit here.
The health and safety of event attendees is a priority for the City of Perth and several COVID-safe measures will be implemented to ensure a safe event for all. Please keep in mind to:
- Practise good hygiene and wash your hands at the toilets provided or visit one of our hand sanitiser stations around the event site.
- Respect each other’s space and keep 1.5 metres when moving around the event, viewing the fireworks and when queuing for food stalls, toilets, and entertainment.
- Avoid hand shaking or greeting your friends with a hug.
- If you are feeling unwell or have been unwell in the last 14 days, we kindly ask you to consider others and stay home.
The closest parking (including accessible parking) can be found here:
- CCP: Cultural Centre Car Park (2 Roe Street, Northbridge)
- CPP: Citiplace Car Park (1 Roe Street, Northbridge)
- CPP: Roe Street Car Park (68 Roe Street, Northbridge)
- CPP: State Library Car Park (15 Francis Street, Northbridge)
A designated Rideshare rank will be situated on Melbourne Street, Northbridge.
Taxis can also be ordered to this location from Perth’s major taxi companies which include:
- Swan Taxis – 13 13 30
- Black & White Taxis – 13 10 08
- Yellow Cabs – 13 19 24
- Tricolour – 13 22 27
- LCAB – 13 52 22
A taxi service is available for passengers with disabilities. This service operates 24 hours a day and it is recommended to book 24 hours in advance to avoid delays. The service can be booked on (08) 9333 3377.
The closest train station can be found at Perth Train Station, Wellington Street.
The closest accessible toilets can be found within Perth Cultural Centre, Yagan Square.
Baby change facilities can be found at Citiplace Rest Centre (situated in Perth Train Station on the upper level walkway on the corner of Barrack and Wellington Street, Perth).
6pm - midnight, Thursday 31 December
Cnr James and William Street
Perth WA 6000