Activated Art Walk
To celebrate the opening of the Matagarup Bridge, the gang at Activate Perth, with assistance from the Department of Transport, City of Perth and The WACA, have developed an activated art trail experience for people walking to and from the city to Optus Stadium.
The EyeJack App was co-created by digital media and mixed-reality artist, Sutu, in Roebourne, Western Australia.
Using the EyeJack app, our Activated ArtWalk allows you to experience the convergence of art, animation and augmented reality (AR) by simply using your mobile and walking from the Forrest Place iCity Kiosk, down Hay Street to the Matagarup Bridge in East Perth.
Take the Activated ArtWalk and along the way you’ll discover incredible activated artworks from local, national and international artists and animators including work from WA’s Peter Farmer, James Giddy, Alexander Hare and Roebourne based AR/VR artist, SUTU.
How to participate in the FREE Activated ArtWalk:
- Download the EyeJack app from the App Store or Google Play (it’s FREE!)
- Once installed on your smartphone or tablet device, open the EyeJack app and find the Activated ArtWalk (Perth) event to download the event pack (approx. 120Mb)
- Need to know where to go? Download the ArtWalk route map below and start walking!
- Look out for the pavement stickers (see picture below) along the route to indicate where the activated artworks are located
- When you come across an activated artwork hit the ‘Launch AR’ button in the EyeJack event to view the artwork in all its activated, animated, augmented reality glory (and make sure your phone is not on silent!)
All day, every day
iCity Kiosk, Murray St, Perth WA 6000
Perth WA 6000