Celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island cultures; the annual Birak Concert boasts a stellar line up of Aboriginal entertainment. Grab a feed from the food trucks on site and settle in to enjoy the show. There will be amusement rides and workshops for the kids, a selection of community stalls to meander through, basketball activities and an Elders Tent. The whole event will be broadcast live by Noongar Radio.
See below for the stage program, hosted by Kylie Bracknell and Ernie Dingo:
|Welcome to Country|
|4.15pm||Lil Mase featuring Miss NAIDOC fashion show|
|5.50pm||Family Shoveller band|
Please make sure you have the SafeWA App downloaded on your mobile device to check-in for contact tracing upon arrival.
The City of Perth is proud to host accessible and inclusive events. A copy of the City’s Disability, Access & Inclusion Plan, can be found here.
- The Birak Concert will have an accessible viewing area for people with disability at Supreme Court Gardens which will feature matting on the grass. Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.
- First Aid services will be available on site.
- Please ensure you bring your own sun protection and a water bottle.
- Promotional material is available in other accessible formats upon request.
- Free drinking water can be found at the drinking fountains at Supreme Court Gardens and drinking water can be purchase from the food trucks on site.
The closest temporary accessible parking can be found at the Supreme Court Car Park (access via Barrack Street).
Free three-hour parking for weekends and public holidays is available at all City of Perth parking locations.
The closest public accessible toilets can be found at Supreme Court Garden.
- Auslan interpreters will be visible from the accessible area at the Birak Concert.
- Audio Description will be available at the accessible viewing area. If you require Audio Description or Assistive Listening for the Birak Concert, please download the Sennheiser MobileConnect app (available for iOS and Android). Download the app and connect to the Mobileconnect WiFi network (available at the event) with your own mobile device.
Tuesday 26 Jan | 2pm to 6.30pm
Cnr Barrack Street and Riverside Drive
Perth WA 6000