Moonboorli (Beyond) - A free National Science Week event
If you think science is just sterile labs and white coats, it’s time to take a step beyond!
Moonboorli (Beyond) is a special free event and a gathering place for culture, ideas, knowledge and storytelling, at the State Library of WA.
Celebrate your curiosity and bring science to life in ways you’ve never imagined before:
- See sound take shape in our zoomusicology installation
- Discover hypotheticals based on science fact and science fiction
- Learn about science through Country, Language, and Story
- Reinvent scrap materials as sustainable human-powered machines
- Create jewellery from your own DNA and develop synthetic protocells
- Find out about the latest scientifi c trends in WA and beyond.
Get involved and experience science in creative and unexpected ways through a day-long program of free presentations, workshops, performances, installations, activities, and showcases of the latest scientifi c developments This is your chance to meet people who can change the world and learn how you can make an impact of your own.
Moonboorli (Beyond) is a National Science Week WA Co-ordinating Committee initiative presented by Propel Youth Arts WA and supported by the Australian Government through Inspiring Australia as part of National Science Week.
Find out more at propel.org.au.
National Science Week is Australia’s annual celebration of science and technology, and an opportunity to meet scientists, discuss the hot topics, do science and celebrate its cultural and economic impact on society. National Science Week 2019 will run from 10-18 August.
Find out more at scienceweek.net.au.
August 10, 10.00am - 5.00pm
Perth Cultural Centre, 25 Francis Street
Perth WA 6000